There are some significant benefits to having Meal-worm Delight on hand and we've listed them just below. If we are missing any - let us know and we'll add them.
- Teach your chickens tricks with Meal-worm Delight. Simply hold up a worm or two and they will follow after you, turn from the left to the right, sit atop a chair - the trick list goes on and on and on. Give it a try.
- Feather re-growth in molting hens. Did you know that? And, meal-worms help make pretty feathers at that.
- Chickens not behaving (roosting in wrong spaces, staying out longer at night (and you want to put them up etc)) can be resolved swiftly with Treats for Chickens Meal-worm Delight. Just a few meal-worms and everyone is back on their best behavior.
- Meal-worms have lysine in them. Lysine is an amino acid that assists in optimizing growth in poultry.
- High in protein.
- Does not need to be refrigerated - 100% dried! Did you know that dried meal-worms actually have more protein then live ones? Dried meal-worms are also 1/4 less expensive then live ones.
- Dried meal-worms are easy to use and handle. Feed stand alone, or mix into feed.
Ohhhh, the yummy, irresistible, crunchy, teach-your-chicken-tricks tasty treat. That is just what our original Meal-worm Delight is. We introduced Meal-worm Delight in 2011 and since then,have been up to our ears in dried worms. Like, we could fill a swimming pool with all these worms.
Get this: although they (meal-worms) are absolutely not intended for human consumption, we are told they "taste like stale, unsalted popped popcorn" and we didn't hear that from a chicken. If you ever decide to give one or two a nibble..... reach out and let us know your findings. We'd love hear from you. In fact, do give a "review" on our website!!
- Easy Directions for Use: hand feed worm by worm or a few at a time, sprinkle on the ground or toss about the yard to encourage natural foraging behavior
- Non-GMO, Cheep and Healthy
- Wormy, Tasty Snacks - Cluckity Cluck
- Product of China (sorry folks: ALL dried meal-worms come from China)
- Contains no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
For chicks under two weeks of age be sure they have access to grit so they can properly digest their food.
Not for human consumption. These ingredients are top grade, wormy and surely worth clucking about. Store in a cool, dry location and avoid extreme heat and direct sunlight. Do not expose to moisture. Not intended for medical use. Keep out of reach of children. Best when used within 90 days of opening package.
Ingredients: 100% dried meal-worms